HP Officejet Pro 7740 Firmware
Are you looking for a place where you can find software and driver for your printers, particularly for HP Officejet Pro 7740 Firmware? If the answer is yes, then hp-supportdrivers.net is a right place for you. In this website, all provided drivers are in their most recent version, including the HP Officejet Pro 7740. Therefore, the performance of the drivers is ensured.
In hp-supportdrivers.net, you can also download drivers for all HP printer that you have. The steps are very simple. Just search your current printer model on this website, and choose the driver that suits your operating system.
Download HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 that compatible with your operating system.
HP Officejet Pro 7740 Firmware Update
This firmware update addresses an important security vulnerability (see Security Bulletin HPSBHF03589 on the HP Support Page)
Note: This firmware version disables features that could prevent certain ink cartridges containing non-HP security chips from working in printers manufactured prior to December 1, 2016. Please note that HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP cartridges.
- Critical security fixes
- Improvement to Google Cloud Print compatibility
- Improvement on Automatic Document Feeder performance
- Fixes issue when Product Tour is running over long period of time
- Fixes false paper jam error when printer fails to pick paper from input tray
- Fixes issue with tray auto selection
- Fixes printing issue when using Secure AirPrint
- Fixes issue when printer ejecting blank paper
Release date: Mar 29, 2018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista
File Size: (62.7 MB)
HP Officejet 7740 Firmware Installation Instructions
Before starting the upgrade:
- The HP Officejet 7740 ePrinter series Firmware flashing (upgrade) requires a wired network or a USB connection.
- DO NOT upgrade the printer firmware in a wireless connected printer.
- If the computer has a firewall installed or enabled, it may block the Firmware Download Utility from accessing the printer. Therefore, please remember to temporarily disable any firewall that may be on the computer, including firewalls such as Microsoft Windows XP Firewall, Sygate, Zone Alarm or BlackICE.
- Switch on the HP Officejet 7740 ePrinter and wait until the printer is READY. [The Power light should be on]
- Double click to launch the HP Printer Update utility.
- A list of HP Officejet 7740 ePrinter series printers detected will be displayed on the screen.Note: If the Wired network printer you wish to upgrade is not displayed in the detected printer list, click on the Refresh button to scan for printers connected via the wired network.
- Click on the check-boxes on the left to select single or multiple HP Officejet 7740 ePrinter series printers you wish to upgrade.
- Click on the Update button to start the firmware flashing process.
- Message showing The selected printer has been updated successfully will be shown. Firmware flashing will begin.CAUTION! Do not interrupt the printer during the upgrade process. Printer may be damaged if power is interrupted during the firmware upgrade process.
- When the printer has successfully completed the flashing process, it will automatically print out a Self-Test Diagnostic Page, that will show the new firmware version.
- Click on the Done button to close the HP Printer Update utility.